Monday, May 24, 2010

Wildlife

The moose have moved down close to the Sterling Highway to get at the first green grass growing along the right of way. The moose density is as high as one per mile of highway now. The momma moose are about to drop their calves. We know all things in nature are interconnected so of course a brown bear has moved into our area looking for those new moose babies. The bear has been visiting the Senior Center and Post Office up on Kingsley Road, about a mile from here, quite a bit. No photos yet, but Joyce and I will go out looking after dinner.

I'll bet you're getting tired of my eagle pictures by now, we'll it's my blog so I'm pulling rank and putting another one up. Lots of eagles pairing up now and engaging in aerial acrobatics. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment