Sunday, May 30, 2010

Work and Play

Another 24 hours of festivities and we'll empty the campground. Folks have been having a great time, yesterday was the best day of clamming yet. Lots of campers made their 60 clam limit! King salmon? Not so much, I have yet to see the first one come out of Deep Creek.

If you look at the photo below carefully you can see my "little green cart". That is my mobile cleaning station. 'Nuff said about work.

Ah, play. People here see the antenna up by my camp site and envy me my TV reception. Actually that's my amateur radio antenna. It is big enough that I'm even able to bounce my signal off the moon (honest) to other hams around the world. I did just that with a station, ZL3NW, in New Zealand two weeks ago. It is kind of a state-of-the-art edgy thing that involves computer coding and decoding of the signals, careful tracking of the moon, and the best receiver design available. What we don't do for fun. If you care to know more click here. KB7Q over and out.

There are a few secrets to putting that antenna up.

No comments:

Post a Comment